"Trading is not about degrees, it’s about understanding."
Trading Is Not About Degrees, It’s About Understanding. The stock market doesn’t ask where you studied. But before you put your money at risk, ask yourself a better question: How well have I studied this decision? Trading is not reserved for finance graduates or highly educated professionals. Real understanding comes from observation, discipline, patience, and the ability to ask the right questions. For me, preparation starts before the market opens. If I’m going to put money at risk, I believe I should understand three things: the market, the company, and the news around them. Markets don’t move in isolation. Politics, wars, oil prices, global uncertainty... all of these can move prices, even for a fundamentally strong company. A falling price doesn’t automatically mean the business has become bad, that’s why context matters. And that’s also why company knowledge matters. What does the business actually do? How does it make money? What are the risks? A stock price is just a number; behind it is a real business operating in the real world. News is the third piece. But simply watching news is not enough. The question is, what actually matters? If a conflict begins at night and oil prices surge, markets may react before the full picture is clear. That’s why I prefer to review important developments the previous evening . If we are willing to put our money into the market, can we not spend even 10 or 15 minutes understanding what’s happening around it? It’s fine to listen to others, but do not hand over your thinking. Don’t outsource your conviction. If someone says a crow can fly, fine. If they say a parrot can fly, that’s fine too. But if everyone starts saying a deer can fly, pause and ask: does this really make sense? Research doesn’t guarantee outcomes. Nothing in markets can. The goal is clarity, not certainty. Understand the market, understand the company, understand the news, then decide for yourself. Trading is not just pressing a button, it’s understanding before you press it. Before your next trade, ask yourself: Have I really understood the market, the company, and the developments around them? or has trading simply become another everyday habit?
Shubh Vikram Singh.
Comments
Post a Comment